We manage multi-unit properties for senior citizens and for people with disabilities. Our everyday concern for our residents’ health and wellbeing is now on high alert, as we work to prevent the spread of viral infections in our communities.
Based upon available information to date from the Centers for Disease Control, those at high-risk for severe illness from COVID-19 include:
- People aged 62 years and older
- People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- Other high-risk conditions could include:
- People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma.
- People who have serious heart conditions.
- People who are immunocompromised including cancer treatment.
To increase public safety for all residents, staff, visitors, and the general public, all Danville-managed properties are continuing to follow CDC-recommended protocols.
The steps we are taking today, include:
- All group activities and events in our public spaces are canceled until further notice.
- Our team members are taking extra care to clean and disinfect all hard surfaces in all public areas.
- We’re working to keep our team and our residents informed and educated about the risks and necessary steps to mitigate those risks.
New Guidelines for Residents:
- Please wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place/common area.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Try to avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places – elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc.
- Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
- Wash your hands after touching surfaces in public places.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, and eyes at all times.
- Stay in your homes or outdoors, but away from groups of people, as much as possible.
- Learn and practice alternative ways to interact, including replacing in-person group interactions with video or telephone calls.
- Learn more about managing stress and anxiety during COVID-19.
- Established a buddy system throughout the building where you check in on a neighbor each day.
New Guidelines for Visitors:
To practice social distancing and reduce exposure to possible carriers of COVID-19, we are limiting visitors to essential caregivers and supportive service providers only, until further notice. All other visitors, please plan to visit at a later date.
Staying in touch with family and friends is critical to our happiness and well being. Please call your loved ones and send handwritten cards and letters.
New Guidelines for Staff:
Like our residents, our team members mean the world to us. That’s why we are:
- Actively encouraging any sick employee to stay home from work.
- Offering paid time off to any staff member who becomes sick.
- Implementing new work-from-home policies, where appropriate and/or possible.
- Emphasizing respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene.
- Providing hand hygiene supplies as available in all of our buildings.
What About Our Applicants?
The Danville team is doing everything possible to keep things moving forward. While we face extraordinary circumstances today, COVID-19 does not diminish the need for our housing solutions.
While we are not currently showing apartments, we are taking applications and answering prospective tenant’s questions on the phone.
We will continue to update this webpage as things change and new developments arise.
Thank you for your help and your patience during this difficult time.